Thursday, November 18, 2010

Light trails in video

I liked the technique of light trails in pictures and how it shows life in the darkest of places, so I wanted to see if I could use this in my film but with videos instead. I found this video on Flickr which uses this technique. Its not exactly what I'm looking for as I just wanted the lights but I can still use this.



After looking at comments, he achieved this by taking photos at the rate of 5fps, for a long time. I will be using this technique for my film or adverts.
This was done in a mid to dark location on the top of a bridge. This is how the light trails have been produced as the camera picks up the light. You would struggle to get anything in the light.
I really like the idea of how this is done, I have tried it out but with out a tripod, This is one thing I will bring to produce one of the adverts.

1 comment:

  1. again - you must choose one or two of the assessment criteria to reference here - and provide evidence for assessment marks - e.g framing, camera angle, editing and representation, genre, lighting...

    ReplyDelete